I was so excited to hear that I was nominated for the Liebster Award. Thank you so much Kirsten and Erick from Travelaar.nl for nominating me! For everyone who doesn’t know what I’m talking about. The Liebster Award is an award given by bloggers to bloggers. This award only exists on the internet. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize and discover upcoming talent in the blogosphere. By asking the nominees a couple of questions the readers will get to know these bloggers even better.
So here are my answers to the 10 questions Kirsten and Erick asked me.
1. What are the most important subjects you write about?
Golivegotravel.nl is a blog for everyone who’s looking for travel information, travel inspiration and travel tips. I write about the popular and the less popular destinations. One week you can read a post about Brussels and the next week there’s a post online on the villages beyond Moscow. The most important subjects I blog about are the not-to-be-missed sights, the most beautiful spots and my travel tips.
2. What makes you keep having fun in blogging?
Definitely the responses I get on my posts. This can really light up my day. Even if it’s just one response, it’s already enough. I know I’ve reached my goal: inspiring someone to travel. I also get excited reading other blogs and planning my travels. It gives me energy and inspiration to write my articles.
3. What is the best read article on your blog?
My most popular article is The Chaos that is Bangkok. I wrote this article with the intention to describe the atmosphere of Bangkok. The image you will see on your very first day in Bangkok. The chaos, the heat and the scams. They are all part of the Bangkok experience. You’ll have to get passed this before you see the beauty of this city. And when I read the responses on this post, I know I succeeded in my mission.
4. What is the most special trip you have ever taken?
My trip to Russia meant a lot to me. It was the reward for my dedication and achievements of the past 5 years. An university degree, mastering a third language (Russian) and finding a house and a job. It felt like a reward to me when I finally was on my way to Russia, the country I had been studying for years. The moment I stood on the Red Square was amazing. I will never forget this.
5. You can only take three things with you on a trip, which three things would that be?
That’s hard. I’m not exactly a lightpacker. But if I really had to choose, I would not leave the house without my telephone, a pair of solid shoes and my chapstick. I need my S5 for my photos and social media. I need the shoes for all the hiking, running and walking I do (a.k.a. discovering a new city). And I won’t leave the house without my chapstick. This is my all-time addiction. And even íf I forget my chapstick, I will run to the store to buy a new one.
6. Tomorrow you leave for a trip, where would you go? (choose only one destination)
I would choose China, because I think there is so much to do and see there. Beijing with the characteristic hutongs, the metropoles Shanghai and Hong Kong and the rice terraces and karst mountains of South China. Luckily China is one of the countries I’m planning to discover in 2015.
7. What is your favorite dish abroad?
My favorite dish abroad is the curry with rice. I’m a vegetarian and so sometimes it’s hard for me to find a good spot to eat. But with the curry you can’t go wrong. It’s always delicious, you can prepare it with vegetables and every country has its own twist on this dish. And it can even be spicy, I like that!
8. What do you do besides blogging?
I work four days at a local municipality. And in my spare time I like to go outdoors. Do some biking for instance. A great way to stay in shape and it helps for my asthma. Soccer or tennis aren’t really my thing and I will definitely quit the gym within a couple of weeks. So I stick with my bike.
9. How do you prepare for a trip? (long or short)
I love to browse the internet for websites (i.e. Tripadvisor) and blogs telling me about the latest tips, what to see and what not to see. It’s a great source for up-to-date information on a planned destination. And for long journeys I buy a travel guide for reading on the couch. These guides are also real collector items for my interior.
10. Have you ever had a summer love?
Haha no, I haven’t. When I was sixteen and I traveled with my friends, I let never come boys between us. It was girls time! We laughed, partied and chatted all night long. When I was 18 I met my current boyfriend and 6 years later we are still together.
And the Liebster Award goes to…
- Sander and Mariska from Tips Thailand
- Naline from Stop and Stare
- Bianca from Food Travel Photography
And the questions for them:
- When did you start blogging and why?
- What is the most difficult country you’ve ever visited?
- What’s your favorite country?
- What was your worst travel moment?
- What did traveling teach you?
- Where would you go if you could go away for a half year and money was no problem?
- What is your biggest frustration when you’re traveling?
- Which trip will you never take?
- Who are you besides a blogger?
- What is your next destination and why?
Have fun with the questions!